At Thornton, we provide an engaging, inspiring and challenging curriculum, which will:
- Develop pupils’ skills to the very best of their ability in Mathematics and English as subjects in their own right and across other areas of the curriculum.
- Build up knowledge, skills and understanding; providing opportunities to question, explore and research, reason and solve problems, think critically, weigh up evidence and debate arguments.
- Provide opportunity to exercise creativity and imagination.
- Foster a curiosity, fascination and deeper understanding of the wider world and its people, in the past, present and in the future.
- Equip learners with the skills and knowledge necessary to become safe, active participants in a digital world.
- Provide opportunities to build character, develop resilience and embed values to enable pupils to reach their full potential academically, socially, physically and mentally in preparation for the responsibilities and experiences of later life.
See the implementation of our curriculum here
See the impact of our curriculum here