Below are two sets of policies, Statutory and Non-Statutory.
Thornton have joined the Symphony Learning Trust, so many of the statutory and some of the non-statutory policies are Trust-wide Policies and will be updated over time.
Symphony Learning Trust Policies (which are followed at Thornton) can be accessed below and by clicking here.
Policies to be found on the SLT Website are:
Statutory Policies in bold
- Accounting Policy
- Admissions Appeals
- Allegations against staff
- British Values
- Business Continuity (and Critical Incidents)
- Charging and Remissions (although a Thornton Specific Charging and Remissions Policy can be found below)
- Children in Care
- Code of Conduct for Employees
- Code of Conduct for Trustees and Local Governors
- Complaints Policy
- Continence and Intimate Care
- Disciplinary Policy
- Educational Visits (although Thornton has it's own policy for this as we use the online 'Evolve' software)
- Employee Complaints (Grievance)
- Equal Opportunities
- Expenses (Governors and Trustees)
- Freedom of Information
- Governor and Trustees Expenses
- IT Acceptable Use Policy (pupils)
- IT Acceptable Use Policy (staff and volunteers)
- IT Acceptable Use Policy (trustees and governors)
- Pay Policy (Teachers)
- Pay Policy (Support Staff)
- Performance Management Policy
- Records management and Retention
- Risk Management
- Supporting Pupils with Medical Conditions
- Whistleblowing Policy
- Parents have a right to have their concerns heard by the class teacher. The Complaints Policy clearly outlines the procedures which teachers must undertake in order to deal with parental concerns.
- Complaints will be dealt with in the first instance by class teachers. Support staff should not directly tackle complaints or concerns but will direct the parents to the class teacher.
- We try to ensure that concerns are dealt with by class teachers. If a concern becomes more serious and/or does not reach a satisfactory conclusion, the Head teacher may become involved. The policy (and the recording forms) give the guidance for staff about this process:
The school follows the Symphony Learning Trust (SLT) Complaints Policy which can be found here.
A copy of the complaints procedure is also available at the School Office on request.
Click below for other Statutory Policies: